What better way to celebrate the arrival of Spring than a weekend retreat to a natural area? Join us for our Spring Retreat with several workshops to be held over the few days. We encourage you to participate, share what you know, and most of all — have a great time!
Over the weekend, we will cover (other topics T.B.C. or impromptu):
- Low water ornamentals including Frangipani, Bromeliad, Dragon Fruit, etc. plan, plant, manage (Saturday early arvo)
- Water conserving gardening and Spring planting (Saturday late arvo)
- Low-impact building considerations (Saturday late arvo/evening)
- Permaculture principles: infrastructure focus (Saturday evening)
- Campfire cooking / dinner / music / antics (Saturday night)
- Bird watching bush trek (Sunday morning)
- Landslip and erosion control considerations (Sunday mid-morning)
- Bush trail improvements and planning (Sunday noon to mid-arvo)
- Maintain and plant native trees (Sunday mid arvo)
- Sunday late arvo / evening open…
While the event will span a weekend — come for as long or short of a time as suits. Join us from Saturday 31 August — From 12:30. All are welcome to stay Saturday &/or Sunday night (overnight camping vehicle or tents are welcome). Transport to TAFE on Monday morning available — as is train or bus collection from Cooroy Station (15-minutes away).
While we have unlimited internet (via wi-fi), ample power, good mobile coverage, plenty of eggs, lots of veggies, and warm hospitality… We are limited on: water (shower in advance)… abundant grog and speciality cuisines also often lacking. Please BYO beverages, favourite food for yourself &/or to share. Also bring your own tents, sleeping bags, pillows, etc. We’re happy to do a run to town (15-minutes away) if required.
We are a non-profit operation — however, I have secured a $350 donation for catering. We will provide basics for all meals including pancake/crepe or cereal breakfasts, ample bread, butter, sauces, potatoes, various snags, beans, salads, crisps, instant coffee and tea, bisquits, etc. Always welcome help with food prep, cooking, serving and clean-up. Ample BBQs, fire pits, and a few smallish kitchens are available.
We are at 179 Andersons Road, Federal. Directions are detailed on each page footer. Any questions? Ring or message Brett on 0414 345 897
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU! You are also welcome to bring your spouse or significant other along — assuming they are willing to participate and are fun to have around! We have a rudimentary place… any children should be closely looked after by parents as there are sharp things, slippery things, falling things, hot things, wild things, etc. Please — use your own good judgement and care should you choose to bring them. As we are a wildlife sanctuary — please leave pets at home.
P.S. I should mention: we are rather remote (15-minutes to a small village and 45 minutes to a hospital (be careful)) — we’re at the top of Black Mountain (its a steep drive up) — also, cows, kangaroo, and other wild animals have been known to be on the local roads — especially at night. Please exercise care and drive slowly for your safety and to enjoy the scenery.